In the Gym - Day 1

I went to the gym today.
I drove there, if I walked I'd be shattered before I got there.
I parked and put an hour parking on, I wasn't even kidding myself I'd be in there long.
Walked in through the air lock tubes and surveyed my surroundings. Machines I recognised and a couple I didn't, a sign for the men's changing and some vending machines.
Step one: find women's changing. I wondered around looking surprisingly lost in a small gym room and found a door with a sign which said ladies, success!
I stowed my bag in a locker, which I couldn't lock as I can't remember my padlock combination.
I then took my bag back out and remembered to change my shoes.
Set my music going and hopped on a treadmill.
5 minutes brisk walk and I was walked up and sweating already. On to the cross trainer for a whole 2 minutes before I decide I need to resolve my lack of water.
But an overpriced bottle of water and head back to a treadmill.
Do 5 minutes including a half arsed attempt at running which was mostly embarrassing.
Too up water bottle from awkward drinks fountain and it's back to the cross trainer. At this point I thought I was in too deep, my lungs were hurting and my new shoes had rubbed my foot.
Then the track changed in my playlist and I felt energised, I felt like I could keep going and after a string of good songs I'd managed 15 minutes of actual exercise.
Treadmill again for another poor run and a cool down.

I headed back to the changing room and stared at my reflection, I looked hot, red and sweaty but I'd done it! 40 minutes of exercising and I wasn't dead.

Change shoes and head home, sorted.

Now my knees ache, I have a headache, I'm tired and my PCOS pain is twinging. But i still did it! And I'm proud! And I'm going back tomorrow, hopefully.

Now I'm in bed and I'm shattered. I'm hoping my knees still work in the morning but we'll see.

Wish me luck!

Day one - the Aftermath

This morning my calves hurt, my thighs hurt and my PCOS pain is higher that normal. But all of these are milder than I'd feared so I'm quite happy.

Comments

  1. Well done you!!!!!!
    Very successful start hun.
    Its funny how a song we like can give us a boost to carry on.
    Keep it up Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My truths about Self Employment

Sober October

Fat to... Fit? Less fat?